mental health, bad
@Elizafox Hey did you find someone to talk to?
where's the site where you can crowdsource your OKC profile?
Do you know of a tech coop that is accepting new members? Does your community require some IT work to be done (programming, running servers, and similar)? Does your small company want to contract or hire an extremely experienced IT person? I need to work on a part time basis, and I have over 20 years of experience. I am the only member of our four person household that can currently support us. Please help.
@Satsuma damn that looks good
@Quare were happy to be here for want to share
@brainblasted what kind of programming do you do?
I’m currently looking for work. If anyone has any programming contracts available, please let me know.
At this point in time, if anyone can help me by supporting me on Patreon I’d greatly appreciate it while I persue a stable income.
hot take: capitalism, slavery, marxism
Marxists, as a group, have tried to make the key element of capitalism the wage relationship & wage labour because their aversion to Black liberation is stronger than their dedication to historical materialism.
To say it again in a simpler/clearer (but longer) way:
- Capitalism is a system where capital (money for investment) rules the world.
- This system was built on slavery. It was also built on the work of "free" people, but slavery was super important. You can't ignore it.
- So anti-capitalist theory has to treat slavery as very important.
- Marxists are anti-capitalist theorists. But most of them don't treat slavery as important, even though slavery was happening everywhere when Marxism was created.
- They focus on "free" labour instead because it fits better with the rest of their worldview.
- So their worldview actually is very similar to the people they say they're against.
- Marxism even has principles that say people shouldn't let their worldviews get in the way of good theory, but they seem to do it a lot anyway. This is ironic.
Wandering.shop admin. Writer of fiction, code, and campaigns. Splitting my time between here and XOXO.ZONE.
The Wandering Shop is a Mastodon instance initially geared for the science fiction and fantasy community but open to anyone. We want our 'local' timeline to have the feel of a coffee shop at a good convention: tables full of friendly conversation on a wide variety of topics. We welcome everyone who wants to participate, so long as you're willing to abide by our code of conduct.