I’m currently looking for work. If anyone has any programming contracts available, please let me know.
At this point in time, if anyone can help me by supporting me on Patreon I’d greatly appreciate it while I persue a stable income.
hot take: capitalism, slavery, marxism
Marxists, as a group, have tried to make the key element of capitalism the wage relationship & wage labour because their aversion to Black liberation is stronger than their dedication to historical materialism.
To say it again in a simpler/clearer (but longer) way:
- Capitalism is a system where capital (money for investment) rules the world.
- This system was built on slavery. It was also built on the work of "free" people, but slavery was super important. You can't ignore it.
- So anti-capitalist theory has to treat slavery as very important.
- Marxists are anti-capitalist theorists. But most of them don't treat slavery as important, even though slavery was happening everywhere when Marxism was created.
- They focus on "free" labour instead because it fits better with the rest of their worldview.
- So their worldview actually is very similar to the people they say they're against.
- Marxism even has principles that say people shouldn't let their worldviews get in the way of good theory, but they seem to do it a lot anyway. This is ironic.
"Why Are There So Few Women in Computer Science?" a 6min video that explains shortly but clearly the why and hows computer science is dominated by men today (and NO I will not make a TLDNR, you can watch a 6minutes videos by yourselves...)
"Women pioneered computer programming. Then men took their industry over", an interesting article on how, again, there were a lot of women in CS until the narratives shifted in the mid 80's towards "computers are for boys"
"The tech sector has a big problem with women. Bulgaria has the answer" an interesting article on how gender diversity is slightly better in some Eastern Europe countries, why, and how to keep improving. (by Katie Marie Davies)
What Programming's Past Reveals About Today's Gender-Pay Gap? When men enter a female-heavy field, perceptions of women don’t improve—perceptions of the job do. (by Rhaina Cohen)
I forgot to mention that I was recently given the honor of being named a @ThePSF fellow.
I'm really humbled by this, thank you to the Fellows working group and the entire #python community.
Wandering.shop admin. Writer of fiction, code, and campaigns. Splitting my time between here and XOXO.ZONE.
The Wandering Shop is a Mastodon instance initially geared for the science fiction and fantasy community but open to anyone. We want our 'local' timeline to have the feel of a coffee shop at a good convention: tables full of friendly conversation on a wide variety of topics. We welcome everyone who wants to participate, so long as you're willing to abide by our code of conduct.