A personal philosophy, riffed from Daniel Pinkwater's "Big Orange Splot":
New York City is me and I am it. My city is where I like to be; I hope I can make it look like all my dreams.
I'm Kawa! [they/them or she/her]
➕ #statistics day gig, would love more #math people on my feed
#queer/#pansexual, #nb-exploring, #polyamory practicing
🗽 #NYC native & resident, would love to hear from fellow outer-boro folx
🎲 #tabletop RP (lately #storygames), indie #gaming in the #roguelike tradition, #procgen art
💖 Also love #food, #origami, and occasionally #football as in #soccer (really fußball but who's counting)
1) My job did not start today, no idea when it is starting.
1a) If you know someone who is looking for a remote data analyst-shaped human, particularly working in Tableau, let a Kawa know
2) Disco Elysium is still wildly important to me, if you want some literary tragecomedy in your PC gaming please play it
3) My polycule is far from me physically but good
4) I did go on my trip and it was not as expected but i'm glad i got to before everything shut down
1) Ending old job March 6, starting new job April 6. This is a Good Thing for everyone involved!
2) Disco Elysium fandom has TAKEN OVER MY LIFE. Let me know if you need CWs on the game. Please consider playing it.(Also, please let me know if you ship it.)
3) My polycule expanded, that's neat as hell. 💖
3) I'm doing the *opposite* of recommended guidelines and coming to San Francisco precisely *because* GDC is cancelled to hang with my polycule and friends!
I greatly prefer dark background/light text aesthetics when working on screens. I get Google Docs to do that for me when working on screen-only writing. Here's how: https://imgur.com/a/jgClR5R
Feel free to spread it around!
okay nerds I finished #DiscoElysium over the weekend, who wants to talk some feelings and headcanons with your friendly local Kawa
As promised, here is the Playscii game code and data I used to create my slide show for the talk I gave at Roguelike Celebration back in October:
And the talk itself, if you missed it:
halloween, eldritch creature
Due to work stuff I had to be a totally normal, reasonable adult for #halloween. I was really nervous, though! Did I do a good job?
(I know I could have just taken all the NKIs directly from the original, but chose not to for the practice using Tracery grammars. I am tempted to dump the Nethack rumors.tru and rumors.fal in though, we'll see.)
sad --, overwhelmed, family, relationships, day job
I did all my community work and recovering from serious relationship stress by ignoring my day job, and it's finally catching up to me. I'm scared.
Also my mom is staying over at my apartment for the first time, and she always makes me anxious so this is a lot.
I feel awful for complaining given what I do have, but ugh. I feel run down. Sleep is hard, self care is slipping, and I'm finding it hard to be present for those who need me.
If you ever wanted a framework for understanding wine, try @phildini's! https://ajuicebox.com/2019/05/24/how-to-taste-wine/ These are my notes trying an Albariño at a fancy seafood place in Seattle.
Albarino [sp] Idilico
Sniff: peach? lime? floral??
Taste 1: mineral, "sparkle" hit | mellows quick | sweet/tart
Taste 2: much smoother now | still tart | heavy?!
Taste 3: I do like it!
Hard to tell color in this light. Lighter, not greened.
Roguelike-loving, queer, poly, crafty, Fil-Am New Yorker.
The Wandering Shop is a Mastodon instance initially geared for the science fiction and fantasy community but open to anyone. We want our 'local' timeline to have the feel of a coffee shop at a good convention: tables full of friendly conversation on a wide variety of topics. We welcome everyone who wants to participate, so long as you're willing to abide by our code of conduct.