Christmas trees are not safe for cats! Real ones are toxic if ingested, artifical ones will cause intensinal blockages if eaten.
Spraying them with bitter apple spray or diluted citrus oil can help, but really the best thing to do is not leave a cat unattended with a Christmas tree. Shut them out of the room overnight/when you're out.
Tinsel can cause intestinal blockages and is also toxic, because it just has to one-up everything else.
The Wandering Shop is a Mastodon instance initially geared for the science fiction and fantasy community but open to anyone. We want our 'local' timeline to have the feel of a coffee shop at a good convention: tables full of friendly conversation on a wide variety of topics. We welcome everyone who wants to participate, so long as you're willing to abide by our code of conduct.
We want this to be a fun, pleasant, and harassment-free experience for everyone. By joining the Wandering Shop, you're agreeing to abide by our code of conduct.
We run a patreon page to help cover server costs. Anything you can donate is appreciated!