Because my previous toot had unexpected success (cw: tech talk): https://felix.plesoianu.ro/blog/tech-and-scale.html
The point is not to _remove the need for trust_ but to _develop mechanisms for demonstrating trust_.
Trust-less systems are not safe systems; trust-full systems are. So much of engineering effort is about navigating low/no trust systems; as opposed to developing systems that _generate_ trust.
The problem with problems: https://felix.plesoianu.ro/blog/the-problem-with-problems.html
Re-linking to this blog post from a couple of years back for, oh, no specific reason...
Free Software and Failed Ideals
Hmm, it's one of the posts I've already imported to my gemlog too...
To imply that every human interaction is a value transaction is to reduce the human experience to a spreadsheet.
Things autism research could be about:
- How does autism radar work?
- Do we have an easier time communucating with other autistics because our ways of communication are similar, or because we've all had to learn to accomodate the people we're talking to?
- What can be done to prevent and treat autistic burnout?
- What even *is* autistic burnout exactly?
- What effects does masking have on your mental health?
- What autistic traits are actually traits of autism, and which ones are trauma responses?
- How is a non-traumatized autistic brain work?
- How can we better accomodate autistic people?
What autism research is about:
- How do we make the autistic people stop existing?
New blog post, More Clocks than Time, inspired by having to change so many of them last night for the switch to DST.
Cross-posted to both web and gemini.
Remember when people used to think the robot police dogs in Fahrenheit 451 were kinda dumb? https://titleknown.tumblr.com/post/644239939529244672/no-disrespect-to-op-but-it-says-a-lot-about
updated 2021 suggested fediverse success metrics
- lessons learned from marginalized people
- friendships formed and maintained
- worthwhile conversations had
- comments remembered months or years later
- support and validation given and received
- honesty entrusted to one's social circle
- furries petted
- pets received
- stress levels associated with reading home timeline and notifications
- pleasure derived from same
- neat creations shared
- acceptance felt
A History of Cyberpunk Comics https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/a-history-of-cyberpunk-comics/
> You want to make a webpage because they are cool.
> You want to make it yourself, by hand and for free, because *you* are cool.
> This zine is for those who have not made a site before, especially those who don’t consider themselves coders.
Just a lonely orange cat watching the moon from the windowsill on a starry night.
The Wandering Shop is a Mastodon instance initially geared for the science fiction and fantasy community but open to anyone. We want our 'local' timeline to have the feel of a coffee shop at a good convention: tables full of friendly conversation on a wide variety of topics. We welcome everyone who wants to participate, so long as you're willing to abide by our code of conduct.