1. See a bunch of broken characters in output.
2. Set up test case to explicitly convert latin1 to utf8.
3. Baffle at the inability to break the test case in the way the real code is broken.
4. Look at HTTP headers on real code.
5. Delete testcase & fix the damn header.
Until I got to "output" at the end of point 1, I thought you were talking about editing fiction.
The Wandering Shop is a Mastodon instance initially geared for the science fiction and fantasy community but open to anyone. We want our 'local' timeline to have the feel of a coffee shop at a good convention: tables full of friendly conversation on a wide variety of topics. We welcome everyone who wants to participate, so long as you're willing to abide by our code of conduct.